So, you’ve taken the plunge and set up your beauty salon. You’ve found the location, decided on your store image and interior design, knowing it will be trendier than Vidal Sassoon’s.Next is to look for the right beauty salon equipment and supplies, to turn your customers into beauties and beaus.
Have you considered the equipment you should have andthe essential beauty salon supplies you will need? Well, the list will depend on the services your salon offers. Sure, you’ll offer hairdressing expertise.Related services like manicuring, facial treatment, and massage will need supplies and equipment that are not counted ascommonbeauty salon equipment.
At DSSE, we have assisted beauty salon owners on how to get the rightsalon supplies and equipment. After all, we’ve been supplying them with equipment, supplies and furniture for years. So, here’s our advice on what items you should have.
Beauty Salon Equipment
Getting the right beauty salon equipment is essential. No business can operate without the necessary tools. The rangeis extensive, which includes combs, brushes, clippers and curling irons. Also included are trolleys and retail stands to carry or display supplies.
Here’s a quick peek at the essential equipment to run your beauty salon.
- Combs and Brushes – You will need a complete range of brushes and combs for any client. The range includes:
- Brushes: round, vent, paddle, thermal and for smoothing hair.
- Combs: wide-tooth, rat-tail, two-tailed, regular, rake and pitchfork
- Cutting and Styling Equipment – The basics:
- Thinning Scissors: barber and for thinning hair.
- Rollers: for regular and hot
- Hair curlers
- Hair Pinup Tools
- Electronic Equipment – Essential for styling hair lavishly.
- Ridged-curling and regular curling irons
- Hair straightener
- Big barrel curler
- Curling comb
- Hair clipper with blades
- Hair dryers
- Salon Furniture – These furniture items are must-haves. After all, your clients expect comfort while waiting or being attended to.
- Waiting area chairs
- Reception desk
- Hair styling chairs
- Hair styling stations
- Work tops
- Storage drawers and tool compartments
Beauty Salon Supplies
No beauty salon could survive without the right salon supplies.The selection is wide, but could be in 2 categories:
- Practical Supplies – An eclectic set, but are necessary to apply products, protect against spills, and promote hygiene.
- Hair Clips
- Bowls for Mixing and Shampooing
- Water Sprayers
- Applicator Brushes
- Paper Towels
- Handheld Mirrors
- Rubber and Plastic Gloves
- Hair Steamers/Hair Processors
- Hood Dryers
- Professional Hair Care Products – These salon supplies are vital for hair care.
- Hair Straightening and Perming Kits
- Styling Gels
- Hair Colors
- Hair Dyes
- Hair Extensions