Buying salon supplies is crucial to get your business started and to maintain a well organised operation. Whether you are building up supplies for a newly opened salon business or refurbishing and replenishing the needed supplies for an existing salon operation, it can be an expensive task. Here are some crucial tips to ensure you spend your money wisely.
- Have a checklist. A checklist of items needy is imperative if you want to control what you spend and then there are no surprises when you come to pay. The list will allow you to see what is lacking and what is redundant. In fact, by going over your list, you can evaluate which item is truly needed by asking yourself: “what is this for, and can I do without it?”
Be sure you cover all the requirements in your list, from equipment and facilities to beauty supplies and treatment accessories.
- Affirm your listed furnishings and equipment. Since these will make up the more substantial portion of your purchases, you might as well affirm your need for them. Do you really need those three swivel chairs, the cushioned stools, the hot towel cabinet and so on, up to the last listed equipment.
- Do the same with your beauty supplies. Identify the profile of your customers and what possible products they may need. Be specific with the brandnames and descriptions so there will be no mistake in the identification. Assess how many of these supplies you will need for a specific period, say three months, aiming to do a replenishment after that time.
- Choose at least three wholesale salon supply providers. These should be one-stopshop providers. The quantity and value of your purchases can easily qualify you for wholesale privileges with most wholesalers, or at least, that’s how we at DSSE relate with our valued customers. Why one-stop? You need not go from one provider to another locating a beauty product if your selected provider is one-stopshop.
- Ask for quote. Send aletter via email to each of these wholesale providers, attaching your prepared list of items and asking to be given a quote. As soon as you receive their price quotations, evaluate which of these providers appear to be coming close to your expectations of costs, or at least their capacity to supply all your needed items. Selectthe provider who gives additional information or alternative suggestions, or who offers to confer with you and discuss your complete salon requirements.
- Establish the level of service. Clarify warranties in your discussions on furnishings and equipment. Ask about after-sales service, how often is this servicing, and how do you go about furniture or equipment repair. Ask about maintenance procedures for equipment, who to call, what number to call.
- Verify product data. In your discussions on salon supplies, verify manufacturers’ description of products, safety tags, expiry dates, returns and rebates.
- Demand quality. In your discussions, be firm about your ardent desire for quality supplies and quality service. Draw your selected one-stop provider to provide guarantees on their products and services.
Buying salon supplies does not have to be stressful or too costly, especially if you use wholesalers who are at the same time one-stop shops.
Modern purchase arrangements allow you to buy the items that you want by simply ordering them through thewebsite. You do not have to leave the comforts of your salon or your home to finalise an order and receive the deliveries.
We at Direct Salon Supplies & Equipment (DSSE) are your ultimate source of furniture and equipment for hairdressing and beauty salons in Australia. Our world class furniture and equipment are unsurpassed in quality, design and value. We offer the most beautiful and exclusive salon furniture and supplies at the most convenient price.
Call us for a free quote: 1300 648 515.