In a business such as yours, it is essential to keep up on the latest products and equipment. You can peruse the internet. You can also read all the information you receive through e-mails and promotional material. You can also subscribe to all the right magazines.
Yet, these are not enough. If you want to keep up-to-date with what is happening in the world of beauty salons and salon equipment, you need to talk to people. You need to see the newest and the latest. You have to talk to more than representatives. You must attend a trade show.
Salon Trade Shows
The sponsors of trade shows tend to be groups associated with the world of beauty products. This includes hair salons. How often these occur, the size of the venues and the attendance and the location vary. In Australia, well known shows include Salon Melbourne, the Sydney International Spa and Beauty Expo, and Beauty Body and Soul Expo. Most of these offer you a chance to see the latest in technology, treatments and salon equipment as well as in salon and beauty supplies. There are trade publications for you to look at and seminars from people in the business.
The costs differ depending upon whether you plan to attend or exhibit. How many shows you may want to attend may differ from what you can actually afford.
Factors to Consider
Before you commit yourself and your salon, consider the following:
- Location – Is it accessible?
- List of exhibitors – Are there new companies offering services that show potential to help in your business? Does the list include exhibitors with whom you want to establish a personal contact?
- Workshops and seminars – Is there anyone you and your team could learn from? Is anyone offering you the chance to learn a new skill?
- Keynote address – Who is the guest speaker? Is it someone you have wanted to meet? Is he or she an individual who may be beneficial for your business?
- Size – Size does matter. A huge show may interfere with your ability to network while, if the show is too small, you may not have anyone there you want to connect with.
- Parties and socials – These provide excellent opportunities for you to expand your network, make the right connections, and discover potential opportunities to improve your business.
Is attending a trade exhibition simply an additional expense? It is not if it helps you make the right connections. It is not if it acts as a learning tool. You can learn from competitors and from the other attendees. You may discover the ultimate salon supplies and beauty salon equipment – tools that will help make your salon the ONE to go to in your community.