Whether providing top-class hairdressing and styling or a wider variety of beauty services, there is no doubt that your clients will do a lot of sitting. The role that your salon chairs will play in establishing your business’s reputation is significant. So, investing in the right type is critical.
But what are the important factors to keep in mind when choosing between the options out there? At DSSE, we know that salon owners can sometimes be stumped. But while the planned interior décor and style of the salon will have a say, there are five critical issues to consider before settling on the right salon chair for you.
5 Critical Factors to Consider
- Durability – this is arguably the most important. Yes, style and comfort are essential, but there is no point in buying salon chairs that will give way after a year or two. Chairs with chrome metal bases or legs maintain their fresh shine practically forever but are also very strong. Flat plate bases tend to be sturdier. Consider powder coated chrome, which is more resistant to scratches.
- Comfort – once your customer sits in your salon chair, comfort becomes the key issue. Make sure your chair is well cushioned with high-density foam and provides adequate support in all the right areas. The main seat should be wide enough for the larger person, with padding that is thick with plenty of give. The back should be high enough to support just under the shoulder blades, but consider a full lumbar back to provide maximum support. Padded armrests and detachable footrests are always welcome extras.
- Adjustability – you know from your experience in going to salons, chairs are not only impressive furniture in appearance and comfort. They are also practical tools and must be adjustable to suit the customer’s personal height, and the work that needs to be done on them. Make sure the hydraulic foot bar is lockable and is easy to reach. Test it to make sure it’s in good running order – silent and smooth.
- Portability – you may want to move your salon chairs around the salon floor. This would allow you to adapt easily to any unexpected demands. If so, check if there are rollers on the bottom of the legs and must be secured. Chairs with flat plate bases are less easy to move around but are usually sturdier.
- Easy To Clean – another obvious requirement is that the salon chair must be easy to clean. After all, between gel and moose, shampoo and dye, there are plenty of substances that create a mess. It’s best to stay away from fabrics, and steer towards leather-like vinyl coverings that can be given a quick wipe. Genuine leather is guaranteed to bring out a few ‘wows’ from customers, but it’ll cost a small fortune.
Salon Chairs at DSSE
One of our key ranges at DSSE is our range of salon chairs. They are not only stylishly designed and built to last for many years, but are priced to suit realistic salon budgets. From five-star bases to the round plate bases, and from sleek barber-style chairs to executive-looking square chairs, all of our ranges are made to the highest standards and created with comfort and durability in mind.
For more on the chairs offer, check out DSSE.com or contact one of our sales team on 1300 648 515.